Low calorie easy scrambled eggs (microwave recipe)
- Serves: 1
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 2mins
This easy low calorie recipe for scrambled egg is a great breakfast or lunch for when you're watching your waistline.
- 2 large British Lion eggs
- 30ml/2tbsp milk
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- toast and bacon to serve (optional)
- Crack the eggs into a micro-proof bowl or jug. Add the milk and season with salt and ground black pepper, then whisk together with a fork.
- Place in the microwave and cook on HIGH for 1 min. Remove from the oven and whisk with a fork. Return to the oven and cook for a further 30 secs, stir again. The egg should be softly set.
- Leave to stand for 1 minute before serving with toast. If you prefer your scramble a bit firmer, cook for a further 20-30 seconds.
Microwave your bacon too! Place 2 rashers of bacon in a single layer on a micro-proof plate, cover with a piece of kitchen paper and microwave on HIGH for 1 min 30 secs.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Egg in a mug
For a portable breakfast, split the pitta pocket and scoop in the egg.
Pepper and courgette frittata
Use any vegetables in this tasty microwave supper, suitable for vegetarians.
Salmon scrambled eggs
Salmon and eggs go together brilliantly. Ready in just eight minutes you can create a dish that’s packed with...
Scrambled eggs with watercress
Scrambled egg with watercress is a delicious taste of spring.