Low calorie egg and vegetable noodle slice
- Serves: 6
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 9mins
As well as providing a delicious oriental style, low-calorie meal for the family, our egg noodle slice recipe can also be served cold and is great lunchbox food.
- 1 (75g) nest fine egg noodles
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 100g baby corn, each sliced into 3
- 75g sugar snap peas, sliced lengthways in half
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed
- 2.5cm piece root ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 6 large British Lion eggs
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Serve warm with salad or cold in packed lunches and picnics. Vary the veg to suit your own taste.
- Place the noodles in a bowl, cover with boiling water from the kettle and leave to soak for 5 minutes. Stir once or twice. Drain, rinse in cold water and drain again.
- Heat the oil in a large non stick frying pan, add the onions and peppers and stir fry for 3 minutes. Add the sugar snap peas, garlic and ginger and stir fry for a further 1 min. Stir in the soy sauce and noodles and mix well.
- Beat the eggs with a little salt and plenty of pepper, pour into the pan, stir briefly to mix, the shake the pan to level the surface. Cook over a medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until the base has set and most of the egg has set.
- Place the pan under a hot grill and cook for a further 2 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Leave to cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Transfer to a board and cut into wedges. If packing for a picnic, wrap in baking parchment and foil.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
To watch top vloggers Crumbs Food cook this recipe click here.
"Just like a normal pizza, you can add your favourite toppings, but I've gone for something simple."
Meat doesn’t always have to be the star ingredient in a dish and our vegetable bake proves just that...