Low calorie herby couscous with roasted veg and egg
This delicious low calorie supper is ideal for vegetarians too. Could also be served as a side dish.
- 75g wholewheat couscous
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 500g butternut squash, peeled and diced
- 1 red onion, roughly chopped
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 1 courgettes, diced
- 1 clove garlic, finely sliced
- 6 large British Lion eggs
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 200oC/Fan 180oC/Gas Mark 6. Fill and boil a kettle. Place the couscous in a large bowl with 1 tbsp of the oil and plenty of salt and pepper. Pour 300ml boiling water from the kettle over the couscous, stir well, then cover with an upturned plate and leave for 10 minutes, during which time the water will be absorbed.
- Place the remaining oil in a large roasting tin, add the butternut squash, onion and peppers and roast for 10 minutes. Stir in the courgettes and garlic roast for a further 10 minutes or until all the veg are tender and lightly charred at the edges.
- Beat the eggs with seasoning and pour into the roasting tin. Bake for 15 minutes or until the egg has set and is puffed up and golden.
- Remove the tray from the oven, stir the egg and vegetables to break them up. Add the couscous and parsley until the egg and vegetables are mixed well. Season to taste. Serve warm or cold.