Low calorie huevos rancheros in a hurry
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 2mins
- Cook: 8mins
Treat your family to something different - this great egg recipe is really quick to prepare and full of mouth-watering flavours.
- 15ml/1tbsp olive oil
- 2 red peppers, deseeded and sliced
- 1 (350g) jar tomato and chilli pasta sauce
- 4 large British Lion eggs
- A handful of chopped flat parsley (optional)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a medium frying pan, add the peppers and sauté over a high heat for a couple of minutes to soften. Stir in the sauce and heat until piping hot.
- Make four hollows in the mixture, then crack an egg into each. Cover the pan with a baking sheet or tray and cook for about 3 minutes until the eggs are set to your liking. When ready, season and scatter with parsley and serve straight away with crusty bread.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe: