Low calorie huevos rancheros in a hurry
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 2mins
- Cook: 8mins
Want to treat your family to something different but find yourself strapped for time? This delicious egg recipe is incredibly quick to prepare, low in calories, full of mouth-watering flavours, and ready to hit the table in just ten minutes.The perfect recipe for the entire family, our low calorie huevos rancheros are ideal for a last minute meal or a family get together.
For more mouth-watering healthy recipes, check out our list of low calorie egg recipes.
- 15ml/1tbsp olive oil
- 2 red peppers, deseeded and sliced
- 1 (350g) jar tomato and chilli pasta sauce
- 4 large British Lion eggs
- A handful of chopped flat parsley (optional)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a medium frying pan, add the peppers and sauté over a high heat for a couple of minutes to soften. Stir in the sauce and heat until piping hot.
- Make four hollows in the mixture, then crack an egg into each. Cover the pan with a baking sheet or tray and cook for about 3 minutes until the eggs are set to your liking. When ready, season and scatter with parsley and serve straight away with crusty bread.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Scrambled eggs with watercress
Scrambled egg with watercress is a delicious taste of spring.
Veggy breakfast sizzle
A quick and easy breakfast recipe that's a real treat.
Egg in a hole with tomato and feta
Save time in the morning and prep the salad the night before. Store in a bowl in the fridge...
Egg and spinach wraps
A portable feast on the way to school. Boil the eggs the night before so they're all ready to...