Low calorie huevos rancheros in a hurry
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 2mins
- Cook: 8mins
Want to treat your family to something different but find yourself strapped for time? This delicious egg recipe is incredibly quick to prepare, low in calories, full of mouth-watering flavours, and ready to hit the table in just ten minutes.The perfect recipe for the entire family, our low calorie huevos rancheros are ideal for a last minute meal or a family get together.
For more mouth-watering healthy recipes, check out our list of low calorie egg recipes.
- 15ml/1tbsp olive oil
- 2 red peppers, deseeded and sliced
- 1 (350g) jar tomato and chilli pasta sauce
- 4 large British Lion eggs
- A handful of chopped flat parsley (optional)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a medium frying pan, add the peppers and sauté over a high heat for a couple of minutes to soften. Stir in the sauce and heat until piping hot.
- Make four hollows in the mixture, then crack an egg into each. Cover the pan with a baking sheet or tray and cook for about 3 minutes until the eggs are set to your liking. When ready, season and scatter with parsley and serve straight away with crusty bread.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Egg and spinach wraps
A portable feast on the way to school. Boil the eggs the night before so they're all ready to...
Egg in a mug
For a portable breakfast, split the pitta pocket and scoop in the egg.
Vegetarian pizza omelette
It’s not quite a pizza, but it’s more than an omelette; this is a pizza omelette! A healthy alternative...