Low calorie potted egg and cress
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 8mins
This egg recipe is equally delicious as a sandwich filling or dip sauce.
- 4 large British Lion eggs
- 25g watercress
- 3 tbsp snipped fresh chives
- 50g reduced fat soft cheese
- 3 tbsp reduced fat mayonnaise
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- crusty bread to serve
- Place the eggs in a small pan, cover with cold water and bring to the boil, simmer uncovered for 8 minutes to hard boil the eggs. Drain, rinse in cold water, tapping the shells all over. Peel the eggs and leave to cool.
- Remove any tough stalks from the watercress then finely chop the leaves. Finely chop the hard boiled eggs. In a bowl, beat the cheese and mayonnaise together with plenty of freshly ground black pepper and a little salt. Fold in the watercress, eggs and chives.
- Spoon the mixture into individual ramekins or jars and chill until required. Serve chilled, spread on crusty bread with peppery salad leaves.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Low calorie egg and watercress focaccia
This sandwich makes an ideal pre-exercise meal due to its high content of carbohydrate and protein (from the egg)...
White bean and egg salad
A salad recipe with 196 calories per portion
Nicoise salad with coddled egg
Try this classic salad with a twist, quick to prepare and low in calories.