Lucy Meck’s steak and egg ‘noodle’ salad
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 10mins
- 4 medium British Lion eggs, beaten with 2 tbsp cold water
- 250g lean rump steak, about 1.5cm thick
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- ½ small red chilli, finely chopped
- Zest and juice of 1 lime, plus extra to serve
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 200g sugarsnap peas, halved
- 1 carrot, very thinly sliced
- 150g radishes, sliced
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan and add 1 tsp oil. Pour in half the eggs and swirl around the pan to coat the base. Cook for a minute until set, turn or flip over and cook for a further 30 seconds. Remove to a chopping board. Add a further 1 tsp oil and repeat with the remaining eggs. Leave to cool once cooked.
- Rub steak with remaining oil and season with pepper. Heat frying pan and add steak, cook for 2 minutes per side for medium, or 2-3 minutes for medium-well done. Remove from the pan, cover with foil and leave to rest for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together chilli, lime zest and juice, sesame oil and soy sauce. Add sugarsnap peas, carrot and radishes, toss well.
- Place the two egg pancakes on top of each other and roll up to form a long sausage shape. Using a sharp knife, cut into 1cm thick rounds. Add to the salad and toss again.
- Divide the egg noodle salad between two plates. Slice steak thinly and scatter on top. Spoon over any remaining salad dressing from the bowl and serve.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Smoked salmon and broccoli frittata
This low calorie recipe for smoked salmon and broccoli frittata is quick to prepare and very tasty, making it...
Smoked salmon and asparagus omelette
If you’re looking for a light, healthy meal then why not try an egg-based favourite; a smoked salmon and...
Tom Daley’s Pride power bowl
A colourful egg recipe to celebrate Pride.