Mark Sargeant's potato, courgette, bean and goats cheese frittata
Top chef Mark Sargeant has designed this wonderfully tasty and simple dish. To watch a video of Mark cook this recipe, click here.
- Olive oil
- Small knob of butter
- 150g cooked new potatoes, sliced
- 2 courgettes, sliced
- Small handful of French beans, chopped
- 5 large British Lion eggs
- 1 small goat’s cheese
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- Parsley, chopped
- Pinch of salt and black pepper
- Blanch the beans by boiling them for about 30 seconds and plunge into cold water to halt the cooking process.
- Heat the oil and butter in a 20cm frying pan. When hot add the potato slices, season and fry for a few minutes turning occasionally until they have a little colour.
- Add the courgettes and continue to fry for a few minutes until everything has some colour and potatoes have a slight crisp to them.
- Add the blanched beans and garlic and toss to incorporate.
- Break the eggs into a bowl and beat with a fork, season well with salt and black pepper and add the chopped parsley then pour the beaten egg into the pan evenly distributing the egg. Crumble the cheese over the top of the frittata.
- Gently cook the frittata for a few minutes or until set on the bottom but still with some wet egg on top.
- Finish cooking under a hot grill for about 3-5 minutes - the top should have a lightly golden colour.