A warm salad perfect for summer eating.
- 150g French beans, halved
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and quartered
- 1 courgette, sliced on the diagonal 4mm thick
- 1 red onion, sliced into 7mm rounds
- 2 little gem lettuce, leaves separated
- 200g can tuna steak in oil or brine, drained & flaked
- 250g small tomatoes, quartered
- 6 medium British Lion eggs, hard–boiled and halved
- Handful pitted black olives, halved
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed
- Bring a pan of water to the boil, add beans and boil for 2 minutes, drain and rinse under cold running water until cooled. Heat a chargrill pan, cook peppers, courgettes and onions in batches for 2-3 minutes per side until char-lined and just tender. Cool, then slice peppers into chunks.
- Scatter lettuce leaves in shallow serving bowl, add beans, grilled vegetables, tuna, tomatoes, eggs and olives.
- In a small bowl whisk together oil, lemon juice, mustard, garlic and season well, add a pinch of sugar to taste if you like. Drizzle over the salad just before serving.