- Serves: 4
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 5mins
A warm salad perfect for summer eating.
- 150g French beans, halved
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and quartered
- 1 courgette, sliced on the diagonal 4mm thick
- 1 red onion, sliced into 7mm rounds
- 2 little gem lettuce, leaves separated
- 200g can tuna steak in oil or brine, drained & flaked
- 250g small tomatoes, quartered
- 6 medium British Lion eggs, hard–boiled and halved
- Handful pitted black olives, halved
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed
- Bring a pan of water to the boil, add beans and boil for 2 minutes, drain and rinse under cold running water until cooled. Heat a chargrill pan, cook peppers, courgettes and onions in batches for 2-3 minutes per side until char-lined and just tender. Cool, then slice peppers into chunks.
- Scatter lettuce leaves in shallow serving bowl, add beans, grilled vegetables, tuna, tomatoes, eggs and olives.
- In a small bowl whisk together oil, lemon juice, mustard, garlic and season well, add a pinch of sugar to taste if you like. Drizzle over the salad just before serving.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
An impressive salad which is healthy and tasty.
Beetroot Steeped Wasabi Eggs
Prep time: 10 minutes (plus 1 hour chilling time)
Warm lentil and egg salad
Perfect for refuelling this meal provides high amounts of both carbohydrate and protein needed for speeding glycogen recovery and...
Indian egg and potato salad
This Indian egg and potato salad is a great recipe for vegetarians.