Mini Easter cakes
- Serves: 12
- Prep: 15mins
- Cook: 20mins
A great idea to make with the kids as they are easy to make and tasty too.
- 100g/4oz butter, softened
- 100g/4oz caster sugar
- 2 large British Lion eggs, beaten
- 100g/4oz self raising flour
- zest and juice 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp milk
- 100g/4oz icing sugar, sifted
- food colouring, icing flowers and coloured crystal sugar to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 180C/Fan 160C/350f/Gas Mark 4. Line a 12-hole patty tin with foil or paper cake cases. Cream the butter and sugar together in a large bowl, using an electric whisk if liked. Beat in the eggs, a little at a time. Fold in the flour, lemon zest and milk until you have a soft mixture.
- Divide the sponge mixture between the cake cases. Bake for 20-25mins or until pale golden and the centres bounce back when lightly touched in the centre. Leave to cool on a wire rack.
- Stir 2 tbsp of lemon juice into the icing sugar and mix until smooth. Divide between a couple of small bowls and add a few drops of food colouring to each so that you have two or three colours of icing. Spoon the icing on top of the cakes then decorate with flowers and crystal sugar as desired.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Easter cake with orange & marzipan
This rich moist cake flavoured with almonds and orange makes a wonderful change to traditional Simnel cake. The eleven...
This is a delicious classic dessert which is the perfect answer to dinner party dilemmas. We have lots more...
Lime and coconut crunchy biscuits
These delicious biscuits look great and taste even better