MOB Kitchen's Vietnamese herb omelette
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 15mins
A soft egg omelette inspired by Vietnamese cafes stuffed with prawns, spring onions and tonne of herbs. An incredibly light, fresh and moreish dish.
- 1 chilli
- 2 spring onions
- 2 limes
- 60g smooth peanut butter
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp rice vinegar
- 60ml water
- 4 British Lion eggs
- 200g raw king prawns
- 50g beansprouts
- Bunch of mint
- Bunch of coriander
- Coconut oil
- Start by slicing your chilli, spring onions and cut one of your limes into wedges.
- Place all your red chillis in a bowl with your peanut butter, sugar, soy sauce, fish sauce, rice vinegar, the juice from your remaining lime and water. Give it all a good mix until you have a smooth sauce. Set aside until later.
- Beat your British Lion eggs in a bowl with 2 tbsp water and a generous pinch of salt.
- Heat a large frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add a teaspoon of coconut oil and, once melted, add your prawns. Fry for a minute on one side, then flip over.
- Pour your egg mixture into the pan so it forms a thin, even layer. Turn up the heat and cook for a minute, sprinkling in the spring onions as you go.
- When the surface of the egg is nearly firm, sprinkle in your bean sprouts and flip your omelette in half so that you have a lovely half moon.
- Tip your omelette onto a plate and open up the middle. Fill it with a handful of coriander, mint and your remaining sliced chillis. Serve up with your dipping sauce and enjoy.
Look out for the British Lion mark on your eggs to guarantee that they’ve been produced to the highest standards of food safety. You can find them at your favourite supermarket.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Chilli cheese and jalapeño omelette
Go Mexican with this jalapeno omelette, a fiery and filling dish that’s bursting with flavour. Add your own salsa...
Smoked salmon and broccoli frittata
This low calorie recipe for smoked salmon and broccoli frittata is quick to prepare and very tasty, making it...
Smoked salmon and asparagus omelette
If you’re looking for a light, healthy meal then why not try an egg-based favourite; a smoked salmon and...