Moroccan spiced eggs and tomatoes with a minted yoghurt
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 15mins
A great brunch or lunch recipe full of flavour - and it's healthy too.
- 4 British Lion eggs
- 250g plum tomatoes, quartered and deseeded
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- ½ tsp hot chilli powder
- 35g fresh coriander leaves
- For the minted yoghurt:
- 150g fat-free natural or Greek yoghurt
- 35g mint leaves, chopped
- ½ tsp ground cumin powder
- ½ lemon
- 2 flat seeded flat breads, grilled until warm and a little crispy at the edges (optional)
- Mix the mint with the yoghurt, cumin and the lemon juice. Leave to one side.
- Place a large non-stick pan on a low heat and add in the vegetable oil. Add the garlic to the pan along with the spring onion and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring continuously so the garlic doesn’t burn.
- Add the spices and stir well. Next add in the deseeded tomatoes. Coat the tomato petals in the spices and cook until soft but not mushy! 6-8 minutes is plenty.
- Make 4 gaps in the tomato mixture and crack in the eggs. Season the top of each egg with a small pinch of cumin and a little salt. Cook until the whites are firm but the yolk is runny. Grill the flat breads in the meantime.
- Once the egg and tomato dish is ready, you can ether serve it in the pan or scoop it out onto a plate with the grilled flatbreads.
- Scatter over the fresh coriander and serve with the minted yoghurt on the side.
Sophie says: I love this dish... it ticks all the boxes! Healthy, quick to prepare and cook, minimal shopping, reasonably priced ingredients and extremely satisfying to eat! Breakfast, lunch or dinner...this dish is a winner.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Healthy mid week Chinese-style egg rice stir-fry
A great stir-fry recipe.
Fragrant Indonesian fried rice
Egg fried rice with chicken makes a super-speedy supper for four.
Gizzi Erskine's huevos rancheros
Gizzi says: "One of my favourite brunch recipes must be huevos rancheros, the classic Mexican dish of corn tortillas...