Mushroom and goat's cheese tortilla
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 20mins
Tortillas make a great main meal for the family and this one is deliciously flavoured using goat's cheese and mushrooms.
- 200g mixed mushrooms (chestnut, shiitake, oyster)
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme, picked
- 8 large British Lion eggs, beaten and seasoned
- 150g goat’s cheese, crumbled or diced
- Small bunch chives, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Side salad to serve (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C / Gas Mark 6. Slice the larger mushrooms. In a hot non-stick pan, fry the mushrooms in some oil for 6 minutes until golden. Add the onion, garlic and cook over a medium heat for a further 4 minutes.
- Add the beaten eggs, most of the chives and the goat’s cheese. Cook until the eggs have just set around the edges.
- Transfer to the hot oven and cook for around 6-8 minutes until the top is golden and the eggs set. Turn out onto a plate then sprinkle over the remaining chives.
- Cut the tortilla into slices then serve with a side salad.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Spanish tortilla with spicy tomato sauce
A classic egg recipe given a spicy twist with a delicious tomato sauce.
Eggy Mexican quesadillas
Quesadillas with a twist! This version uses thin omelettes instead of tortillas to create this tasty Mexican recipe.
Chilli cheese and jalapeño omelette
Go Mexican with this jalapeno omelette, a fiery and filling dish that’s bursting with flavour. Add your own salsa...
One pan rosti with chorizo and eggs
One pan meals couldn't be easier to prepare.