Neil Rankin's eggs and guacamole on toast
- A ripe avocado, stoned, peeled and cubed
- ½ red onion, roughly chopped
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- ½-1tsp chilli powder (ancho is best), to taste
- 1 clove of garlic, sliced
- 2 tbsp coriander, including stalks, chopped
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 slices sourdough bread, toasted
- 2 large British Lion eggs
- In a pestle and mortar pound the onion, chilli, garlic and coriander until it looks like a thick paste.
- Put the avocado and lime juice in a bowl. Break up the avocado with a whisk, adding the paste gradually. Season with salt and chilli powder.
- Bring a pan of water to a gentle simmer then reduce the heat until the bubbling stops. Swirl the water gently then drop in the eggs one at a time. Poach the eggs gently for about four minutes then remove with a slotted spoon.
- Spread guacamole on the toast and top with the poached eggs.