New York buttermilk pancakes
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 10mins
Bring a taste of the Big Apple to your plate with these tempting pancakes.
- 3 large British Lion eggs
- 150ml/1/4pt buttermilk
- 175g/6oz self raising flour
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- pinch of salt
- 15ml/1tbsp vegetable oil for frying
- crispy bacon and maple syrup to serve
- Beat the eggs and buttermilk together in a large bowl. Sift over the flour, sugar and salt then quickly mix to form a smooth thick batter.
- Heat a little oil in a non-stick frying pan. Gently drop large spoonfuls of the batter into the hot pan and cook for 2 mins until the base is crisp and golden. Flip over and cook for a further 1-2 mins. Keep warm in a clean teatowel and repeat until all the batter is cooked. It makes about 12.
- To serve, stack 3-4 pancakes per person on plates, stacking them up with crispy bacon. Serve with maple syrup.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Apple and chocolate crisp pancakes
Treat yourself to these deliciously indulgent Apple and Chocolate Crisp pancakes.
Super green matcha pancakes, coconut cream and raspberries
For tea lovers. These pancakes are rich and fresh at the same time. A combination of tropical and Japanese...
Irish boxty pancakes
A traditional Irish recipe that's fantastically filling