New York buttermilk pancakes
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 10mins
Bring a taste of the Big Apple to your plate with these tempting pancakes.
- 3 large British Lion eggs
- 150ml/1/4pt buttermilk
- 175g/6oz self raising flour
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- pinch of salt
- 15ml/1tbsp vegetable oil for frying
- crispy bacon and maple syrup to serve
- Beat the eggs and buttermilk together in a large bowl. Sift over the flour, sugar and salt then quickly mix to form a smooth thick batter.
- Heat a little oil in a non-stick frying pan. Gently drop large spoonfuls of the batter into the hot pan and cook for 2 mins until the base is crisp and golden. Flip over and cook for a further 1-2 mins. Keep warm in a clean teatowel and repeat until all the batter is cooked. It makes about 12.
- To serve, stack 3-4 pancakes per person on plates, stacking them up with crispy bacon. Serve with maple syrup.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Big breakfast pancakes
Treat your family to these tasty pancakes for a substantial weekend brunch.
Tom Daley's Japanese Souffle Pancakes
These Japanese souffle pancakes are a great alternative to a traditional pancake recipe, if you’re looking to mix up...
Mushroom, ham and goat's cheese pancakes
Mushroom, ham and goat's cheese pancakes make a filling and tasty meal. The mixture of goat's cheese and ham...