Nicoise salad with coddled egg
- Serves: 1
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 10mins
Try this classic salad with a twist, quick to prepare and low in calories.
- 50g/2oz fine green beans
- 1 large tomato, seeded and sliced
- 30ml/2 tbsp virtually fat free vinaigrette style dressing
- 15ml/1 tbsp snipped fresh chives
- a few caper berries or capers, drained
- 1 large British Lion egg
- 1 (100g/4oz) fresh tuna steak
- 2.5ml/1/2 tsp olive oil
- Cook the beans in a small pan of boiling water for 3 minutes. Drain, rinse in cold water, drain. Mix the beans tomatoes, dressing, chives and caperberries together. Season well.
- Place the egg in a small pan of cold water. Bring slowly to the boil, then cook for 3 minutes. Drain, rinse in cold water, tap the shell all over and remove.
- Brush the tuna steak on both sides with the oil. Heat a griddle or frying pan until hot, then cooks the tuna steak for 1-2 minutes on both sides until cooked to your liking. Place the tuna on a serving plate, top with the tomato mixture and finally the coddled (or soft boiled) egg. Spoon over any dressing and serve.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Boiled egg chicken salad
Perfect sharing lunch dish for you and your friends. Sweet and sour chicken takes the good old egg salad...
Kale salad with avocado and boiled egg
It’s green and its delicious! This salad will give you an energy boost for the rest of the day.
Egg and cress dip
Sick of sandwiches? Then pack the kids off with a pot of this and some pitta breads and vegetables...