Nicoise salad with coddled egg
- Serves: 1
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 10mins
Try this classic salad with a twist, quick to prepare and low in calories.
- 50g/2oz fine green beans
- 1 large tomato, seeded and sliced
- 30ml/2 tbsp virtually fat free vinaigrette style dressing
- 15ml/1 tbsp snipped fresh chives
- a few caper berries or capers, drained
- 1 large British Lion egg
- 1 (100g/4oz) fresh tuna steak
- 2.5ml/1/2 tsp olive oil
- Cook the beans in a small pan of boiling water for 3 minutes. Drain, rinse in cold water, drain. Mix the beans tomatoes, dressing, chives and caperberries together. Season well.
- Place the egg in a small pan of cold water. Bring slowly to the boil, then cook for 3 minutes. Drain, rinse in cold water, tap the shell all over and remove.
- Brush the tuna steak on both sides with the oil. Heat a griddle or frying pan until hot, then cooks the tuna steak for 1-2 minutes on both sides until cooked to your liking. Place the tuna on a serving plate, top with the tomato mixture and finally the coddled (or soft boiled) egg. Spoon over any dressing and serve.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Egg and cress dip
Sick of sandwiches? Then pack the kids off with a pot of this and some pitta breads and vegetables...
Indian egg and potato salad
This Indian egg and potato salad is a great recipe for vegetarians.
Low calorie egg and watercress focaccia
This sandwich makes an ideal pre-exercise meal due to its high content of carbohydrate and protein (from the egg)...