- Olive oil
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced
- 1/3 courgette, sliced
- 1/4 red pepper, sliced
- 1/4 green pepper, sliced
- 1/4 aubergine, sliced
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 4 mushrooms, sliced
- cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tbsp hot water
- 1 British Lion egg
- Heat a little olive oil in an ovenproof frying pan and add the onion, fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the courgette, pepper, aubergine, garlic and thyme to the pan and fry for approximately five minutes, stirring regularly.
- Add the mushrooms, tomatoes and cook for a further two minutes.
- Mix together the tomato puree and water, then stir into the pan.
- Make a well in the middle of the vegetables and crack the egg into it.
- Place the pan in a preheated 180C oven and cook for approximately 10 minutes, or until the egg is cooked to your liking.
- Serve in the pan to save on washing up!
Recipe courtesy of www.thecrazykitchen.co.uk/