One pan rosti with chorizo and eggs
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 15mins
One pan meals couldn't be easier to prepare.
- 4 large British Lion eggs
- 2 medium waxy potatoes, peeled and coarsely grated
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme, picked
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 20g unsalted butter
- 100g cured chorizo sausage, sliced
- Salt and pepper
- Grate the potato and dry in a clean tea towel. Try to squeeze out any excess starchy water before placing in a bowl with the onion, thyme, paprika and flour. Season with salt and pepper.
- Fry the chorizo for around 1-2 minutes until it starts to release its oils. Add the butter, potato and onion and spread into a thin layer. Cook on a medium heat until it starts to brown, then break up and leave to brown again. This will take around 8-10 minutes.
- Make four wells in the potato mixture and crack in the eggs. Continue cooking until the whites have just started to set. Place under a preheated grill and cook until the whites are set. Garnish with some more fresh thyme.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Mushroom and goat's cheese tortilla
Tortillas make a great main meal for the family and this one is deliciously flavoured using goat's cheese and...
Spanish tortilla with spicy tomato sauce
A classic egg recipe given a spicy twist with a delicious tomato sauce.
Eggy Mexican quesadillas
Quesadillas with a twist! This version uses thin omelettes instead of tortillas to create this tasty Mexican recipe.
Fiery egg and spinach curry
Egg curries are so easy to make and this one will be on the table in less than half...