One pan rosti with chorizo and eggs
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 15mins
One pan meals couldn't be easier to prepare.
- 4 large British Lion eggs
- 2 medium waxy potatoes, peeled and coarsely grated
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme, picked
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 20g unsalted butter
- 100g cured chorizo sausage, sliced
- Salt and pepper
- Grate the potato and dry in a clean tea towel. Try to squeeze out any excess starchy water before placing in a bowl with the onion, thyme, paprika and flour. Season with salt and pepper.
- Fry the chorizo for around 1-2 minutes until it starts to release its oils. Add the butter, potato and onion and spread into a thin layer. Cook on a medium heat until it starts to brown, then break up and leave to brown again. This will take around 8-10 minutes.
- Make four wells in the potato mixture and crack in the eggs. Continue cooking until the whites have just started to set. Place under a preheated grill and cook until the whites are set. Garnish with some more fresh thyme.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Gizzi Erskine's healthy egg, ham and chips
Gizzi says: "Ham, egg and chips is a classic, but it’s not got a reputation for being healthy. Enter...
Chilli cheese and jalapeño omelette
Go Mexican with this jalapeno omelette, a fiery and filling dish that’s bursting with flavour. Add your own salsa...
Mushroom and goat's cheese tortilla
Tortillas make a great main meal for the family and this one is deliciously flavoured using goat's cheese and...
Spanish tortilla with spicy tomato sauce
A classic egg recipe given a spicy twist with a delicious tomato sauce.