Orange lollypop pancakes
- Serves: 20
- Prep: 12mins
- Cook: 10mins
- 150g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- Zest of 1 large orange
- 150ml milk
- 1 large British Lion egg, beaten
- A little vegetable oil for frying
- 50g good quality dark chocolate
- 25g butter
- 150ml double cream
- 1 heaped tbsp caster sugar
- 6 tbsp of roasted chopped nuts
- Place the flour, sugar and baking powder in a bowl and whisk lightly to break up any lumps of flour. Add the eggs, orange zest and half of the milk. Whisk to a smooth batter then whisk in the remaining milk until smooth. Leave to stand for a couple of minutes.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan on a medium heat. Add a dash of oil then swirl around the pan.
- Using a small ladle, add four separate puddles of batter making four small pancakes at a time.
- Place a lollipop stick on top of each one.
- Once bubbles start to appear on the top, turn them over and cook until golden brown. They should rise to about one centimetre thick.
- Repeat with the remaining batter and lollipop sticks.
- Make the sauce by breaking the chocolate into small pieces and placing them in a bowl. Heat the cream, butter and sugar together, but do not boil it. Once hot pour over the chocolate and stir until the chocolate has melted.
- Serve the pancake lollipops alongside the sauce and nuts for dipping.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe: