Pancakes with eggs, bacon, black pudding
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 15mins
Pancakes griddled with eggs, bacon & black pudding (332 calories per portion)
- 100g/4oz self raising flour
- pinch of salt
- 150ml/ 1/4 pt milk
- 5 large British Lion eggs
- oil for frying
- 8 rashers streaky bacon
- 8 slices black pudding
- tomato ketchup to serve
- Sift the flour and salt into a large bowl. Beat the milk with 1 egg and add to the flour, mixing to make a smooth batter.
- Brush a large non-stick frying pan with a little vegetable oil then drop 4 spoonfuls of the batter at a time into the pan and cook for 2 mins or until bubbles form on the surface of the pancakes. Turn over and cook for a further 1-2 mins. Keep warm whilst you cook a further 8 pancakes in the same way.
- Grill the bacon and black pudding under a hot grill to your liking. Wipe out the frying pan and add 30ml/2tbsp vegetable oil. Carefully crack in the remaining eggs and cook for 2-3 mins or until fried to your liking. Serve the pancakes topped with a fried egg and the bacon and black pudding.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Strawberry and ricotta rollups
A delicious pancake recipe, delightful for breakfast.
Tom Daley's Japanese Souffle Pancakes
These Japanese souffle pancakes are a great alternative to a traditional pancake recipe, if you’re looking to mix up...