Parma ham and basil omelette
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 3mins
- Cook: 7mins
Add an Italian twist to your omelette with this quick, easy and delicious recipe. Enjoy the enticing mixture of smoky Parma Ham, aromatic fresh basil seasoning topped off with a dusting of parmesan cheese. This fantastic combination brings about a vibrant swell of colours and flavours in the indulgent golden brown eggy base. Bellissimo!
- 15g/1/2oz butter
- 6 large British Lion eggs
- 2 slices Parma ham or prosciutto ham, torn into pieces
- a few torn basil leaves
- 15g/1/2oz freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Melt half the butter in a medium non-stick frying pan. Crack the eggs into a jug, add 30ml/2tbsp cold water and seasoning. Pour half the egg mixture into the pan.
- Cook over a medium heat for about 2-3mins. Use a spatula to push the cooked egg into the centre of the pan until no more runny egg remains and the base is golden.
- Scatter over half the ham, basil and cheese then tip the omelette out onto a plate, folding it as you tip. Repeat to make a second omelette in the same way. Serve hot.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe: