Parma ham and basil omelette
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 3mins
- Cook: 7mins
Add an Italian twist to your omelette with this quick, easy and delicious recipe. Enjoy the enticing mixture of smoky Parma Ham, aromatic fresh basil seasoning topped off with a dusting of parmesan cheese. This fantastic combination brings about a vibrant swell of colours and flavours in the indulgent golden brown eggy base. Bellissimo!
- 15g/1/2oz butter
- 6 large British Lion eggs
- 2 slices Parma ham or prosciutto ham, torn into pieces
- a few torn basil leaves
- 15g/1/2oz freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Melt half the butter in a medium non-stick frying pan. Crack the eggs into a jug, add 30ml/2tbsp cold water and seasoning. Pour half the egg mixture into the pan.
- Cook over a medium heat for about 2-3mins. Use a spatula to push the cooked egg into the centre of the pan until no more runny egg remains and the base is golden.
- Scatter over half the ham, basil and cheese then tip the omelette out onto a plate, folding it as you tip. Repeat to make a second omelette in the same way. Serve hot.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Capricciosa pizza omelette
Pizza omelettes really do give the taste of the takeaway without the calories, so you can enjoy it every...
Bacon, sweetcorn & rocket omelette
Bacon and eggs go together like…bacon and eggs but throwing in some sweetcorn and rocket before folding up into...
Spiced vegetable omelette
This spiced vegetable omelette is quick to prepare and makes an ideal meal for vegetarians.