Parma ham and basil omelette
Add an Italian twist to your omelette with this quick, easy and delicious recipe. Enjoy the enticing mixture of smoky Parma Ham, aromatic fresh basil seasoning topped off with a dusting of parmesan cheese. This fantastic combination brings about a vibrant swell of colours and flavours in the indulgent golden brown eggy base. Bellissimo!
- 15g/1/2oz butter
- 6 large British Lion eggs
- 2 slices Parma ham or prosciutto ham, torn into pieces
- a few torn basil leaves
- 15g/1/2oz freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Melt half the butter in a medium non-stick frying pan. Crack the eggs into a jug, add 30ml/2tbsp cold water and seasoning. Pour half the egg mixture into the pan.
- Cook over a medium heat for about 2-3mins. Use a spatula to push the cooked egg into the centre of the pan until no more runny egg remains and the base is golden.
- Scatter over half the ham, basil and cheese then tip the omelette out onto a plate, folding it as you tip. Repeat to make a second omelette in the same way. Serve hot.