Parma ham bruschetta
- Serves: 1
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 6mins
Parma ham bruschetta is perfect for that special brunch or lunch.
- 1 large British Lion egg
- 2 thick slices ciabatta bread weighing total 50g/2oz
- 5ml/1 tsp olive oil
- 1 large tomato, seeded and diced
- 15ml/1 tbsp snipped fresh basil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 slice Parma ham, halved
- handful fresh rocket leaves
- 15ml/1 tbsp virtually fat free vinaigrette style dressing
- Place the egg in a small pan of cold water. Bring slowly to the boil, then cook for 6 mins. Drain, rinse in cold water, tap the shell all over and remove. Slice the egg.
- Brush both sides of the bread with the oil and cook under a hot grill until golden and crisp on both sides. Mix the tomato and basil with plenty of seasoning.
- Divide the tomato between the bread slices, top each with the ham and eggs. Top with a handful of fresh rocket. Finally drizzle a little dressing over each. Serve immediately.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
The Ultimate Croque madame
This is the naughtiest little croque you will ever eat! Make sure not to overcook your British Lion egg...
Boiled egg chicken salad
Perfect sharing lunch dish for you and your friends. Sweet and sour chicken takes the good old egg salad...
Baked eggs with chorizo and butterbeans
This is a simple, comforting dish you can make with lots of ingredients you probably already have at home.