Paul Merrett's healthy mid week Chinese-style egg rice stir-fry
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 5mins
A great stir-fry recipe by top chef Paul Merrett. View our short video of Paul cooking this egg rice stir fry recipe.
- 300g cooked brown rice
- 100g cooked wild rice
- 8 British Lion eggs, beaten
- 75g frozen peas, defrosted
- 50g tinned sweetcorn, drained
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- Soy sauce
- Sweet chilli sauce
- Dash of vegetable oil
- Prepare all the ingredients before you start cooking, making sure the spring onions are cut and ready to go.
- Heat a wok and add a small splash of vegetable oil. Allow the oil to get nice and hot.
- Pour the eggs into the wok and allow them to sit for 30 seconds before breaking them up with a fork.
- Add the peas and sweetcorn and stir-fry for a minute.
- Tip in the brown and wild rice and the spring onions. Work the ingredients together with your fork.
- Add as much soy sauce and sweet chilli sauce as you like and serve whilst hot.
Top tip: The recipe works well with freshly cooked rice, or you can use leftovers.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe: