Perfect breakfast for men
- Serves: 1
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 5mins
The perfectly balanced breakfast
- 2 large British Lion eggs
- 1 wholemeal muffin, split in two
- 1 (70g) tomato, sliced
- 100g/4oz premium lean ham
- 1 (200ml) glass of orange juice
- Cracked black pepper to serve
- Fill a small frying pan with water to a depth of 5cm and heat until it is just simmering. One at a time, crack the eggs and drop them into the hot water, then reduce the heat so the water is gently bubbling. Poach for 3-4mins or until the eggs are cooked to your liking
- Meanwhile, toast the muffin and place both halves on a plate, top with the sliced tomato and ham
- Using a slotted spoon, carefully lift the eggs from the water and place them on top of the ham. Top with cracked pepper and serve immediately with a glass of orange juice
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Poached egg on bagel
It is a common question chefs get asked: ‘How do you make perfect poached eggs?’ They are probably one...
Black pudding with a poached egg
Looking for something different to start off your day? Why not try creating your own version of the breakfast...
Perfectly poached eggs
Uncover the secret to perfectly delicious poached eggs with this popular and flavourful classic recipe. Tuck into a smooth...