Perfect breakfast for men
- Serves: 1
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 5mins
The perfectly balanced breakfast
- 2 large British Lion eggs
- 1 wholemeal muffin, split in two
- 1 (70g) tomato, sliced
- 100g/4oz premium lean ham
- 1 (200ml) glass of orange juice
- Cracked black pepper to serve
- Fill a small frying pan with water to a depth of 5cm and heat until it is just simmering. One at a time, crack the eggs and drop them into the hot water, then reduce the heat so the water is gently bubbling. Poach for 3-4mins or until the eggs are cooked to your liking
- Meanwhile, toast the muffin and place both halves on a plate, top with the sliced tomato and ham
- Using a slotted spoon, carefully lift the eggs from the water and place them on top of the ham. Top with cracked pepper and serve immediately with a glass of orange juice
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Muffins with poached eggs
Nothing starts your day better than this muffin and poached egg recipe - simple, light but absolutely delicious, this...
Soft poached eggs, sweetcorn pancake and crispy pancetta
A recipe for soft poached eggs served on a sweetcorn pancake and crispy pancetta.
Oven roasted tomato and rocket bagels
Bagels with oven roasted tomato and rocket. Oven-roasting the cherry tomatoes gives them a wonderful concentrated flavour. You can...