Perfect breakfast for women
- Serves: 1
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 5mins
This is one for the ladies out there who are looking for a delicious protein-packed and heavenly breakfast. The light and rich smoked salmon with the runny texture of a hearty fried egg on a slice of crunchy wholegrain bread is simply heavenly and makes for a perfectly balanced breakfast.
- 2 large British Lion eggs
- 1 medium thick slice wholegrain bread
- 60g curly lettuce, washed
- 50g/2oz sliced smoked salmon
- 1 (200ml) glass of cranberry juice
- Cracked black pepper to serve
- Fill a small frying pan with water to a depth of 5cm and heat until it is just simmering. One at a time, crack the eggs and drop them into the hot water, then reduce the heat so the water is gently bubbling. Poach for 3-4mins or until the eggs are cooked to your liking
- Meanwhile, toast the bread and place on a plate, drape the smoked salmon on top and heap the lettuce to one side
- Using a slotted spoon, carefully lift the eggs from the water and place them on top of the salmon. Top with cracked pepper and serve immediately with a glass of cranberry juice
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
New York Eggs Benedict
This is a quick and easy version of Eggs Benedict, which contains only 284 calories per portion.
Poached egg on bagel
It is a common question chefs get asked: ‘How do you make perfect poached eggs?’ They are probably one...
Perfectly poached eggs
Uncover the secret to perfectly delicious poached eggs with this popular and flavourful classic recipe. Tuck into a smooth...