Perfect breakfast for women
- Serves: 1
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 5mins
This is one for the ladies out there who are looking for a delicious protein-packed and heavenly breakfast. The light and rich smoked salmon with the runny texture of a hearty fried egg on a slice of crunchy wholegrain bread is simply heavenly and makes for a perfectly balanced breakfast.
- 2 large British Lion eggs
- 1 medium thick slice wholegrain bread
- 60g curly lettuce, washed
- 50g/2oz sliced smoked salmon
- 1 (200ml) glass of cranberry juice
- Cracked black pepper to serve
- Fill a small frying pan with water to a depth of 5cm and heat until it is just simmering. One at a time, crack the eggs and drop them into the hot water, then reduce the heat so the water is gently bubbling. Poach for 3-4mins or until the eggs are cooked to your liking
- Meanwhile, toast the bread and place on a plate, drape the smoked salmon on top and heap the lettuce to one side
- Using a slotted spoon, carefully lift the eggs from the water and place them on top of the salmon. Top with cracked pepper and serve immediately with a glass of cranberry juice
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Muffins with poached eggs
Nothing starts your day better than this muffin and poached egg recipe - simple, light but absolutely delicious, this...
Soft poached eggs, sweetcorn pancake and crispy pancetta
A recipe for soft poached eggs served on a sweetcorn pancake and crispy pancetta.
Oven roasted tomato and rocket bagels
Bagels with oven roasted tomato and rocket. Oven-roasting the cherry tomatoes gives them a wonderful concentrated flavour. You can...