Petits pots au chocolat
- Serves: 6
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 30mins
This recipe, which will delight chocolate lovers, is great for dinner party entertaining.
- 400ml/14 floz single cream
- 100ml/4 floz milk
- vanilla essence
- 150g/5oz plain chocolate, broken into pieces
- 1 large British Lion egg
- 4 large British Lion egg yolks
- 25g/1oz caster sugar
- crème fraiche and chocolate curls to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 170C/Fan 150F/Gas Mark 3. Heat the cream, vanilla and chocolate together in a small pan, stirring until the chocolate has melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Beat the eggs and sugar together, then pour over the chocolate cream. Strain the mixture; divide between six 150ml/1/4pt ramekin dishes. Place in a roasting tin; pour boiling water from the kettle to come halfway up the outside of the dishes. Bake for 30 mins or until just set but still a little wobbly in the centre. Cool. Chill for at least 4 hours. Serve decorated with crème fraiche and chocolate curls.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Mango & passion fruit soufflé omelette
This light and refreshing dessert has only 225 calories per portion, yet it's impressive enough to entertain your guests.
Gizzi Erskine's marmalade and cointreau soufflé omelette
Gizzi says: "A soufflé omelette is a great way to get started with soufflés before attempting the ‘real’ thing...
Fennel bread and butter pudding
Bread & butter pudding with ginger custard.
Soufflé omelette, quark cream & berries
Soufflé omelette, with quark cream and berries with only 273 calories per portion is a quick and easy dessert