Pirozhki with rice, eggs and spring onions
- Serves: 25
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 20mins
- Shortcrust pastry (rolled)
- 100g cooked rice
- 2 hard-boiled British Lion eggs, finely chopped
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- A handful of fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Thick Greek style yogurt, to serve
- In a mixing bowl mix the cooked rice with the chopped hard-boiled eggs, finely chopped parsley and spring onions.
- Unroll the shortcrust pastry and using a cookie cutter, cut out the circles.
- Slightly stretch each one before putting a teaspoon of stuffing in it. Fold in two, pinch in the middle and then keep going round the edges, pinching as you go, to seal it as a mini-envelope.
- Place the pirozhki on two trays covered with the oiled foil, and cook in the oven at 180C for about 15-20 minutes, until the pastry is golden.
- Serve with the soured cream or thick Greek style yogurt
They are lovely hot, but are also nice cold with a flask of hot tea.Recipe courtesy of www.chezmaximka.blogspot.co.uk/
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
A great-tasting picnic favourite, our summer quiche recipe is a fantastic dish to share with others on a sunny...
Leftover roast chicken crustless mini quiches
Perfect for a picnic, party or just sharing with the family, our roast chicken crustless mini quiches are a...
Courgette and red onion 'no pastry' quiche
To watch top vlogger Juggle Mum cook this recipe click here .
The whole family will love this classic fish pie recipe.