Pirozhki with rice, eggs and spring onions
- Serves: 25
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 20mins
- Shortcrust pastry (rolled)
- 100g cooked rice
- 2 hard-boiled British Lion eggs, finely chopped
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- A handful of fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Thick Greek style yogurt, to serve
- In a mixing bowl mix the cooked rice with the chopped hard-boiled eggs, finely chopped parsley and spring onions.
- Unroll the shortcrust pastry and using a cookie cutter, cut out the circles.
- Slightly stretch each one before putting a teaspoon of stuffing in it. Fold in two, pinch in the middle and then keep going round the edges, pinching as you go, to seal it as a mini-envelope.
- Place the pirozhki on two trays covered with the oiled foil, and cook in the oven at 180C for about 15-20 minutes, until the pastry is golden.
- Serve with the soured cream or thick Greek style yogurt
They are lovely hot, but are also nice cold with a flask of hot tea.Recipe courtesy of www.chezmaximka.blogspot.co.uk/
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Courgette and red onion 'no pastry' quiche
To watch top vlogger Juggle Mum cook this recipe click here .
The whole family will love this classic fish pie recipe.
Micro recipe - ham and egg cobbler
Ham and egg cobbler is a quick and easy recipe, prepared in the microwave.