- Serves: 4
- Prep: 20mins
- Cook: 20mins
A great pancake recipe - try it for brunch!
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 100g plain flour
- pinch of salt
- 2 large British Lion eggs
- 200ml milk mixed with 4 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 50g cheddar cheese, grated
- Topping ingredients
- 150g shredded ham hock
- 50g cheddar cheese, shaved
- cherry tomatoes on the vine, roasted
- Heat the oil and fry the onions for 5 minutes until they begin to soften.
- Sift the flour and salt into a large mixing bowl. Make a well in the middle of the flour and add the eggs with half the milk and water. Whisk until the mixture is lump free. Add the remaining milk and whisk again until smooth. Add the melted butter. Pour the batter into a jug.
- Heat a 20cm diameter non-stick frying pan until hot, drizzle a little oil over the centre and wipe it around with a piece of kitchen paper. Now pour a little of the batter into the pan and immediately tilt the pan to spread the batter thinly and evenly over the base. Sprinkle over some of the fried onion and cheese. Cook for 2 minutes or until the top is set and the base golden. Turn the pancake over with a spatula. Repeat until all the pancake batter, onion and grated cheese has been used. Stack the pancakes in between sheets of greaseproof paper.
- Serve the pancakes, folded and topped with the shredded ham hock and shaved cheese alongside little gem lettuce and roasted tomatoes.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Irish colcannon with bacon pancakes
Irish Colcannon with bacon pancakes celebrate the best of British - delicious! Nutritional analysis per portion: Energy: 297kcals; Protein...
Tiganites - Greek pancakes
This Greek-inspired classic recipe is the perfect start to the day.