Poached egg on pureed peas
- Serves: 1
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 6mins
This soft-textured recipe for babies is a great alternative to poached egg with toast. The meal provides high quality protein, important vitamins such as vitamin D, minerals including iodine, and omega-3 fats from the egg, and some vitamin C and fibre in the peas.
Suitable from six months.
- 1 British Lion egg, cracked into a small dish or cup
- 50g peas
- 1 knob butter
- 2 tbsp creme fraiche or Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and add the peas. Cook for 2 minutes then drain, reserving a little of the cooking water, and transfer to a blender with the water. Add the butter and creme fraiche and blitz until smooth.
- Bring another small pan of water and vinegar to the boil, reduce to a very low simmer then slowly pour in the egg from the dish into the water. Cook for 4 minutes or until the white is firm and the yolk mostly soft.
- Serve mashed up with the pea puree.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe: