- 1 British Lion egg, cracked into a small dish or cup
- 50g peas
- 1 knob butter
- 2 tbsp creme fraiche or Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and add the peas. Cook for 2 minutes then drain, reserving a little of the cooking water, and transfer to a blender with the water. Add the butter and creme fraiche and blitz until smooth.
- Bring another small pan of water and vinegar to the boil, reduce to a very low simmer then slowly pour in the egg from the dish into the water. Cook for 4 minutes or until the white is firm and the yolk mostly soft.
- Serve mashed up with the pea puree.