Poached salmon salad with soft boiled eggs
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 20mins
- 250g salmon (2 pieces)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 1 small carrot, thinly sliced (optional)
- 50ml white wine (optional)
- 2 medium British Lion eggs
- 1/2 cucumber
- A handful of olives and sun-dried tomatoes
- Mixed salad leaves
- Dressing made from 1tbsp honey, 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar and 2 tbsp olive oil
- In a deep frying pan cook the sliced fennel for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, and then add the carrot for extra flavour.
- Place the salmon on top of the fennel. Season with sea salt and a bit of pepper then pour in the white wine.
- Cover the pan with the lid and cook on low for about 10 minutes until the fish is cooked and flaky.
- Meanwhile cook the soft-boiled eggs in boiling water.
- To assemble the salad add the mixed leaves, a few pieces of cooked fennel and thinly sliced cucumber together.
- Flake the salmon and scatter it over the leaves. Add the olives and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Make a simple dressing from the olive oil, balsamic vinegar and honey and drizzle over the salad. Add one soft-boiled egg on top. If you prefer, use a poached egg.
Recipe courtesy of Chez Maximka blog.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Indian egg and potato salad
This Indian egg and potato salad is a great recipe for vegetarians.
Warm lentil and egg salad
Perfect for refuelling this meal provides high amounts of both carbohydrate and protein needed for speeding glycogen recovery and...