Poached salmon salad with soft boiled eggs
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 20mins
- 250g salmon (2 pieces)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 1 small carrot, thinly sliced (optional)
- 50ml white wine (optional)
- 2 medium British Lion eggs
- 1/2 cucumber
- A handful of olives and sun-dried tomatoes
- Mixed salad leaves
- Dressing made from 1tbsp honey, 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar and 2 tbsp olive oil
- In a deep frying pan cook the sliced fennel for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, and then add the carrot for extra flavour.
- Place the salmon on top of the fennel. Season with sea salt and a bit of pepper then pour in the white wine.
- Cover the pan with the lid and cook on low for about 10 minutes until the fish is cooked and flaky.
- Meanwhile cook the soft-boiled eggs in boiling water.
- To assemble the salad add the mixed leaves, a few pieces of cooked fennel and thinly sliced cucumber together.
- Flake the salmon and scatter it over the leaves. Add the olives and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Make a simple dressing from the olive oil, balsamic vinegar and honey and drizzle over the salad. Add one soft-boiled egg on top. If you prefer, use a poached egg.
Recipe courtesy of Chez Maximka blog.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Nicoise salad with coddled egg
Try this classic salad with a twist, quick to prepare and low in calories.
Veggy egg pittas
Veggy egg pittas recipe
Chickpea and poached egg salad
This is an easy and nutritious salad that can be prepared quickly and makes an excellent lunch!