Prawn noodle broth with omelette
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 15mins
- Cook: 15mins
Prawn Noodle Broth with Herb Omelette - an omelette with a difference
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- ½ red pepper, sliced
- 1 carrot, cut into batons
- ½ broccoli head, cut into florets and stem chopped
- 600ml hot chicken stock
- 100g egg noodles
- 125g cooked prawns
- 100g frozen peas, thawed
- 2 large British Lion eggs
- 1tbsp each freshly chopped coriander and chives
- Heat 2tsp oil in a non-stick wok and fry the onion, pepper, carrot and broccoli for 10 mins. Add a splash of water if the vegetables start to stick.
- Push the vegetables to the side of the wok and pour in the stock. Add the noodles, pushing them down into the stock and let the vegetables sit on top or to the side. Stir in the prawns and peas for the last 1 min of cooking time.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl and stir in the herbs. Season. Heat the remaining 1tsp oil in a non-stick frying pan and add the egg mixture. Swirl the mixture around to cover the whole base and cook on the heat for around 1 min until all the egg is set. Tip onto a board, roll up and slice.
- Divide the noodle broth between two bowls and top each with half the slices of herb omelette. Serve with a splash of soy sauce and sweet chilli sauce.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Farmhouse pizza omelette
A traditional-style pizza omelette with only 240 calories per portion. Based on a Farmhouse pizza - delicious
Cheese & mushroom pizza omelette
Quick and easy to prepare, you don't have to wait for the takeaway to arrive with this delicious cheese...
English breakfast tortilla
Create a tortilla from classic breakfast ingredients and you'll have a perfect meal at any time of the day.
Stir-fry Dinner Omelette
Recipe courtesy of Proper Tasty.