Quick courgette frittata
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 10mins
For a low calorie and nutritious vegetarian supper, courgette frittata is quick and easy to prepare. For more vegetarian recipes, browse our great selection.
- 30ml/2tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 courgettes, finely sliced
- 6 British Lion eggs
- 75g/3oz Cheddar cheese, grated
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, add onions and fry for 2 minutes until soft.
- Add courgettes and fry for 4 minutes until golden.
- Beat eggs with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Pour eggs into the pan; cook, stirring until egg has lightly set. Shake pan to level surface; cook for 1 minute. Sprinkle over cheese and cook under hot grill for 2 minutes until golden brown and bubbling.
- Serve warm in wedges sprinkled with basil leaves, if liked.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Pepper and courgette frittata
Use any vegetables in this tasty microwave supper, suitable for vegetarians.
Farmhouse pizza omelette
A traditional-style pizza omelette with only 240 calories per portion. Based on a Farmhouse pizza - delicious
Chilli cheese and jalapeño omelette
Go Mexican with this jalapeno omelette, a fiery and filling dish that’s bursting with flavour. Add your own salsa...