Quick courgette frittata
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 10mins
For a low calorie and nutritious vegetarian supper, courgette frittata is quick and easy to prepare. For more vegetarian recipes, browse our great selection.
- 30ml/2tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 courgettes, finely sliced
- 6 British Lion eggs
- 75g/3oz Cheddar cheese, grated
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, add onions and fry for 2 minutes until soft.
- Add courgettes and fry for 4 minutes until golden.
- Beat eggs with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Pour eggs into the pan; cook, stirring until egg has lightly set. Shake pan to level surface; cook for 1 minute. Sprinkle over cheese and cook under hot grill for 2 minutes until golden brown and bubbling.
- Serve warm in wedges sprinkled with basil leaves, if liked.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Smoked salmon and broccoli frittata
This low calorie recipe for smoked salmon and broccoli frittata is quick to prepare and very tasty, making it...
Smoked salmon and asparagus omelette
If you’re looking for a light, healthy meal then why not try an egg-based favourite; a smoked salmon and...
Cheese & mushroom pizza omelette
Quick and easy to prepare, you don't have to wait for the takeaway to arrive with this delicious cheese...
Bacon, sweetcorn & rocket omelette
Bacon and eggs go together like…bacon and eggs but throwing in some sweetcorn and rocket before folding up into...