Quick pesto and egg pasta
- Serves: 1
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 10mins
- 1 British Lion egg
- Handful basil leaves
- 25g peas (defrosted from frozen or fresh)
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 50g sunflower seeds
- 50g grated parmesan
- 50ml light olive oil
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- 50g fusilli pasta
- Transfer the pesto ingredients to a blender and blitz until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and stir 3 tbsp water (or more to loosen further) and season with a squeeze of a lemon, salt and pepper to taste if you like. Set aside.
- Bring a pan of water to the boil, and lower in the egg. Boil for 8 minutes (or 6 to soft boil) then drain and run under cold water.
- Meanwhile, boil the pasta according to pack instructions and drain. Stir through half the pesto and spoon into a bowl.
- Remove the shell from the egg and slice into quarters. Serve with the pasta.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe: