Red pepper frittata
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 15mins
- 6 medium British Lion eggs
- 1 large red pepper
- 1 small white onion
- 2 new potatoes
- 1 large handful of Gruyere cheese or mature Cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to season
- Pre heat the oven to 200C.
- Slice the new potatoes into discs and boil in a pan until soft (you should be able to put a knife through them easily).
- In the meantime finely chop the onion, grate the cheese and prepare the peppers.
- Whisk the eggs and season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Heat a small amount of oil in a frying pan with a metal handle (very important). Cook the onions and peppers on a medium to low heat for around five minutes or until soft.
- Once the potatoes are soft, drain and add to the pan, arrange them so they are evenly spaced.
- Immediately add the eggs and sprinkle over the cheese. Allow to cook for a few minutes, and then place the pan into the oven to cook through. This should take no more than five minutes; the top should be golden brown.
- Carefully remove from the oven (remember the metal handle) and leave aside for a few minutes to give the frittata time to settle, and then slowly turn it out onto a plate.
- You can either eat it hot or cold and it is perfect served with a tomato and red onion salad. It’s well worth a try and only takes 25 minutes to prepare.
Recipe courtesy of http://mytwomums.com
Click on the stars to rate this recipe: