Roast peppers & creamy baked eggs
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 25mins
- 2 small peppers, red, orange or yellow
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 60g half fat crème fraîche
- 2 tbsp Parmesan, finely grated
- 1 spring onion, thinly sliced
- 4 medium British Lion eggs
- 1 tbsp fresh chives or basil, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- To serve – green salad
- Preheat the oven to 200C / 180C fan / Gas Mark 6.
- Cut the peppers in half lengthways through the stalk, remove the seeds and place cut-side up in a 1.6 litre glass dish. Drizzle with a little oil, season and bake for 15 minutes or until softened slightly.
- Meanwhile, mix together the Dijon mustard, crème fraîche, half the Parmesan, chopped spring onions and half the herbs and season well.
- Remove the peppers from the oven, divide the crème fraîche mix between the peppers, then carefully crack an egg into each pepper on top of the crème fraîche mix, scatter with the remaining grated Parmesan and bake for 10-12 minutes or until the white has just set and the yolk is as you like it.
- Scatter with the remaining chopped herbs and serve with a large green salad.
Cookware courtesy of www.pyrexuk.com
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Aubergine and tomato baked eggs
Check out our aubergine and tomato baked eggs recipe for a simple one-pan vegetarian meal that’s perfect for a...
Meat doesn’t always have to be the star ingredient in a dish and our vegetable bake proves just that...