- Serves: 4
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 15mins
An impressive salad which is healthy and tasty.
- 450g/1lb small new potatoes, scrubbed
- 4 medium British Lion eggs
- 150g/5oz fine green beans, trimmed
- 200g can tuna steak in brine, drained
- 4 tomatoes, quartered
- 50g/2oz black olives
- 4 tsp capers, drained (optional)
- 2 little gem lettuces, separated into leaves
- Parmesan cheese shavings, to serve
- For the dressing:
- 4 tbsp reduced fat mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
Cook the potatoes in a large pan of boiling water for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes add the green beans and cook for a further 5 minutes. In another pan add the eggs to boiling water. When the potatoes and beans are tender, remove the pan from the heat, drain the contents under cold running water and place in a serving dish. Remove the egg shells and immerse the eggs in cold water until ready to serve. Add tuna, tomatoes, olives, capers and lettuce leaves to the potatoes and beans and toss gently together. Cut the eggs into quarters and arrange on top of the salad. Make the dressing: mix the mayonnaise, Parmesan and garlic with 4 tbsp cold water and drizzle over the salad. Scatter with a few Parmesan shavings and serve.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Egg caesar salad
This egg caesar salad brings a taste of summer to the dinner table - delicious.
A warm salad perfect for summer eating.
Scotch egg recipe
The humble Scotch egg is a quintessentially British snack that is currently enjoying a culinary renaissance, with pubs, butchers...