Salmon with poached egg
This salmon and poached egg recipe is packed with protein and great natural nutrition - the taste combination of the delicious salmon topped with rich egg and served on a bed of spinach leaves is simple, succulent and satisfying.
- 2 (100g) salmon steaks, skinned
- 1 (300g) bag young spinach leaves
- A dash of vinegar
- 2 large British Lion eggs
1. Arrange the salmon steaks in a micro-proof dish, cover with micro-proof film and pierce. Cook on 650 watts for 3 1/2- 4 minutes, turning once until just cooked through and leave to stand.
2. Pierce the bag of spinach and cook on high for 2-3mins or until the leaves are wilted and tender. Drain in a sieve before setting aside.
3. Meanwhile, fill a large pan with water to a depth of 5cm/2in. Add the vinegar and a dash of salt and bring to the boil.
4. Carefully crack in the eggs and when the water is simmering, cook for 2-3 mins depending on how soft you like your eggs. Use a slotted spoon to lift the eggs from the water and drain on kitchen paper.
5. Divide the spinach between two serving plates, top with the salmon steaks. Place a poached egg on top of each salmon steak. Serve immediately.