Savoury spinach & ham french toast
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 15mins
- Cook: 10mins
- 200g young leaf spinach
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp mustard
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 80ml semi skimmed milk
- 3 tbsp grated cheese (Cheddar or Parmesan)
- 4 medium British Lion eggs
- 4 thick slices bread
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 slices ham
- Place 75g spinach, onion, garlic, mustard, cayenne, milk, 2 tbsp cheese and eggs in a food processor. Blend until finely chopped.
- Transfer to a large bowl and press the slices of bread into the mixture so they soak up the mix and swell.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium to low heat. Cook two slices at a time for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden. Keep warm while you repeat with the remaining bread. Wilt the last of the spinach in the pan and serve piled on the French toast with a slice of ham and scatter with the remaining cheese.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Broccoli & feta strata
Enjoy as a fantastic family-sized side or portioned for a homely main course - our broccoli and feta strata...
Bacon, sweetcorn & rocket omelette
Bacon and eggs go together like…bacon and eggs but throwing in some sweetcorn and rocket before folding up into...