Home made Scotch eggs are easier to make than you think and bound to be popular with the family.
- 10 medium British Lion eggs, hard boiled
- Flour for coating
- 1kg (approx. 2lb) sausage meat
- 1 British Lion egg for coating
- 4 tbsp milk for coating
- 100g (4oz) toasted breadcrumbs
- Shell eggs and roll in flour.
- Divide the sausage meat into 10 equal-sized portions and roll into circles.
- Mould each circle around an egg.
- For coating, beat together egg and milk and pass egg through this mixture, then through the breadcrumbs.
- Deep fry in hot oil for abut 7-8 minutes.
- Drain on kitchen paper.
- Serve hot with vegetables, or cold with a salad as a main meal. Alternatively serve garnished with fresh watercress or parsley, as a snack.