Scrambled eggs on toasted wholemeal muffins
- Serves: 1
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 5mins
This simple dish makes an ideal post-exercise meal as it combines both carbohydrate (from muffins) and protein (from eggs), which enable rapid re-fuelling of muscle glycogen and repair of muscle tissue. Wholemeal muffins are recommended as they provide more iron, B vitamins and fibre than ordinary muffins.
- 2 large British Lion eggs
- 2 tablespoons/ 30ml milk
- 1 tablespoon/ 15ml chopped fresh chives
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon/ 5ml vegetable oil
- 1 wholemeal English muffin
- Whisk the eggs, milk, seasoning, oil and chives in a micro-proof bowl with a fork. Place in the microwave and cook on HIGH for 1 minute. Remove and whisk lightly with a fork. Return to the microwave and cook for a further 30 seconds. Stir. The eggs should be lightly set. Leave to stand for 1 minute.
- Meanwhile, split and toast the English muffin. Arrange on a plate, pile the eggs on top and serve with a leafy salad.
Nutrition (per portion): 380 Calories; 24g protein; 19.2g fat; 4.2g saturated fat; 28g carbohydrate; 4g total sugars; 4g fibre; 1.2g salt
Click on the stars to rate this recipe: