Scrambled sizzling salsa style eggs
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 10mins
A super salsa scrambled eggs recipe, enjoy a taste of Latin life.
- 225g/8oz maple cure streaky bacon
- 25g/1oz butter
- 8 large British Lion eggs
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 30ml/2tbsp milk
- 50g/2oz Monterey Jack or Emmenthal cheese
- 4 bagels, split and toasted
- ready made salsa sauce to serve
- Cook the bacon under a hot grill for 3-4 mins on each side until crisp and golden. Keep warm.
- Melt the butter in a non-stick pan. Beat the eggs with seasoning and milk, then pour into the sizzling butter. Cook over a low heat, stirring until the egg begins to scramble. Stir in half the cheese and cook, stirring all the time until the eggs are creamy and cooked to your liking.
- Divide the bagels between four plates, top with the scrambled egg, bacon and remaining cheese. Serve hot with salsa sauce.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
A classic breakfast favourite, Eggs Benedict is one of the most popular egg recipes. If time is an issue...
Gizzi Erskine's Turkish eggs with toast
A fantastic brunch dish by Gizzi Erskine
Crispy breakfast potatoes with soft boiled eggs and smoky roasted pepper sauce
Roasties are a perfect comfort food. This recipe is quick and completely effortless. Perfect for using up the leftover...