- Serves: 2
- Prep: 15mins
- Cook: 15mins
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 200g carton passata
- 2 tsp harissa paste
- 4 large British Lion eggs
- 75g feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- Pitta bread, warmed, to serve
- For the dressing…
- ½ tbsp preserved lemon paste
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp tahini
- Juice ½ lemon
- 1/2 tsp ras el hanout spice mix or paste
- Heat oven to Mark 4/180C/160C fan. Heat oil in a large ovenproof frying pan, add garlic and cook until golden.
- Add onion and pepper and cook for five minutes until soft. Stir in harissa paste and cook for a minute then add passata and bring to the boil. Season to taste and reduce to a low heat.
- Make four holes in the mixture with a wooden spoon and crack in the eggs, then cook until the whites start to turn white. Add the feta and then bake in the oven for five minutes, until the eggs are cooked but still runny.
- Meanwhile, whisk all dressing ingredients together. Drizzle over the eggs and scatter with parsley. Serve with pitta bread.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Low calorie butternut squash with bacon and egg
Butternut squash with bacon and egg.
Low calorie herby couscous with roasted veg and egg
This delicious low calorie supper is ideal for vegetarians too. This could also be served as a side dish.