Shakshuka with feta and green salsa - quick one pot
- Serves: 6
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 25mins
- 50g flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 15g mint, chopped
- 10g tarragon, chopped
- 15g capers, chopped
- 15g anchovies, chopped
- 15g Dijon mustard
- 75ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 tins chopped tomatoes
- 150g crumbled feta
- 6 large British Lion eggs
- Sourdough and coriander to serve (optional)
- To make the green salsa, mix the parsley, mint, tarragon, capers and anchovies and combine with the mustard and oil. Set aside.
- In an ovenproof dish or frying pan, gently cook the onion, peppers and garlic for about ten minutes or until they are just about caramelized.
- Add the tinned tomatoes and spices and simmer for five minutes. Add the feta and a few spoonfuls of the green salsa.
- Make six wells in the tomato mix, crack in the eggs, bake at 180C/350F/gas mark 4 for 7-8 minutes.
- Serve with toasted sourdough bread, sprinkled with coriander.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Eggs en cocotte with smoked haddock, leeks and chives
A recipe for eggs en cocotte with smoked haddock, leeks and chives.
Perfectly poached eggs
Uncover the secret to perfectly delicious poached eggs with this popular and flavourful classic recipe. Tuck into a smooth...