Smoked mackerel scrambled eggs
A deliciously different recipe. Quick and easy to prepare, this scramble makes a perfect brunch or lunch.
- 6 large British Lion eggs
- 60ml/4tbsp milk
- 25g/1oz butter
- 2 peppered smoked mackerel fillets, skinned and flaked
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 bagels, split and toasted
- fresh chives to garnish
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, milk and seasoning together. Melt the butter in a non-stick pan and add the eggs. Cook over a low heat for 2-3 mins, stirring occasionally until the eggs have begun to set and scramble. Stir in the mackerel and continue to cook until the eggs are creamy and the mackerel has warmed through.
- Set the toasted bagels on four plates and divide the scrambled egg mixture between them. Scatter over the chives and serve straight away.