Smoked mackerel scrambled eggs
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 5mins
A deliciously different recipe. Quick and easy to prepare, this scramble makes a perfect brunch or lunch.
- 6 large British Lion eggs
- 60ml/4tbsp milk
- 25g/1oz butter
- 2 peppered smoked mackerel fillets, skinned and flaked
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 bagels, split and toasted
- fresh chives to garnish
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, milk and seasoning together. Melt the butter in a non-stick pan and add the eggs. Cook over a low heat for 2-3 mins, stirring occasionally until the eggs have begun to set and scramble. Stir in the mackerel and continue to cook until the eggs are creamy and the mackerel has warmed through.
- Set the toasted bagels on four plates and divide the scrambled egg mixture between them. Scatter over the chives and serve straight away.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe: