Smoked salmon and asparagus omelette
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 20mins
Want to try something different and spoil yourself at the same time? Then whip up this super-tasty omelette, perfect for when you're on the go. Enjoy the taste of sweet, creamy, nutty Gruyère cheese, combined with fresh trimmed delicious asparagus and succulent heavenly smoked salmon.
- 1 300g bundle of fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1tbsp olive oil
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 12 large British Lion eggs
- 50g/2oz butter
- 225g/8oz smoked salmon
- 25g/1oz gruyere cheese, grated
- Preheat a griddle pan. Cut the asparagus in half lengthways, toss in the olive oil and seasoning to taste. Lay the asparagus on the hot griddle pan and cook for 4-5mins, turning once until the asparagus is charred and tender. Beat the eggs with seasoning.
- Melt a quarter of the butter in an medium frying pan, when sizzling pour in a quarter of the egg mixture and cook for 3-4 mins, pushing the cooked egg into the centre of the pan with a spatula until no runny egg remains. Cook for 1 min until base is golden.
- Scatter a quarter of the asparagus and salmon over the omelette and fold onto a plate. Sprinkle over the cheese. Repeat to make a further three omelettes in the same way.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Micro recipe - tuna omelette
To vary the filling:Try frozen peas or sliced courgette instead of broccoli, or chopped ham instead of tuna. Canned...
Chinese vegetable omelette
Try this tasty traditional Chinese dish, filled with delicious hearty Asian vegetables, including mange tout and succulent mushrooms. Add...
Spinach and squash frittata
A deliciously different frittata recipe with spinach and squash. A tasty treat.