Soft boiled egg and seasonal vegetable salad
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 7mins
- 2 room temperature British Lion eggs
- A bunch of asparagus
- Sprouting broccoli
- A handful of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1/2 red pepper, sliced
- A few slices of cucumber
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a small pan of water to the boil, add the eggs and simmer for four and a half minutes.
- Remove the eggs and place into a pan of cold water until you need them.
- Bring another pan of water to the boil and add the asparagus and broccoli for a minute or two (depending on how crunchy you like it). Once cooked remove the asparagus from the pan and place into cold water and then drain.
- Add the asparagus, broccoli, tomatoes, onion and pepper to a large bowl.
- To make the dressing mix the lemon, oil and mustard together. Drizzle the dressing over the vegetables and toss to make sure all the vegetables are coated.
- Divide the salad betweem two bowls or plates.
- Peel and slice the eggs and add to the top of the salad.
- Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper and serve.
Recipe courtesy of the Crazy Kitchen Blog.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Nicoise salad with coddled egg
Try this classic salad with a twist, quick to prepare and low in calories.
White bean and egg salad
A salad recipe with 196 calories per portion
Easy gado gado salad
Recipe from Take a Box of Eggs, www.dairydiary.co.uk.