Souffléed baked potatoes
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 80mins
These satisfying baked potatoes make a good budget meal.
- 4 baking potatoes, scrubbed
- 25g/1oz butter
- 2 large British Lion eggs, separated
- 50g/2oz watercress, chopped
- 50g/2oz wafer thin sliced ham, thinly sliced
- 100g/4oz Cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 200C/Fan 180C/400F/Gas Mark6. Place the potatoes on a baking sheet and bake in the hot oven for 50-60mins or until tender and the skins crisp.
- Slice a circle of skin off each potato and discard. Scoop out the potato flesh leaving a 5mm/¼in thick wall of potato next to the skin. Mash the potato with the butter and egg yolks. Stir in the watercress, ham and half the cheese. Season to taste.
- Place the egg whites in a grease-free bowl, then use an electric whisk to whisk them until they form soft peaks. Stir a spoonful through the potato mixture, then gently fold through the remainder. Scoop the mixture back into the potatoes. Sprinkle over the cheese and bake for a further 20mins or until puffed up and golden. Serve in bowls with more watercress.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Leftover roast chicken crustless mini quiches
Perfect for a picnic, party or just sharing with the family, our roast chicken crustless mini quiches are a...
Aubergine and tomato baked eggs
Check out our aubergine and tomato baked eggs recipe for a simple one-pan vegetarian meal that’s perfect for a...
Broccoli & feta strata
Enjoy as a fantastic family-sized side or portioned for a homely main course - our broccoli and feta strata...