Spaghetti with eggs and veg
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 15mins
A delicious and healthy vegetarian meal which makes good use of store-cupboard ingredients and some eggs. Can be varied by using vegetables of your choice.
- 300g/10oz spaghetti
- 225g/8oz broccoli florets
- 100g/4oz frozen peas
- 6 large British Lion eggs
- 60ml/4tbsp pesto sauce
- 60ml/4tbsp toasted pinenuts
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- grated Parmesan to serve (optional)
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Add the spaghetti and cook for 5 mins.
- Meanwhile place the eggs in a medium pan, cover with cold water and slowly bring to the boil. Boil for 7 mins.
- Add the broccoli and peas to the spaghetti pan, return to the boil and cook for a further 5 mins or until the spaghetti and vegetables are just tender or ‘al dente’.
- Drain in a colander and return to the pan.
- Remove the eggs from the heat, drain and rinse in cold water. Tap the shells all over, then peel away and discard. Roughly chop the hard boiled eggs.
- Stir the pesto into the spaghetti and vegetables, stir through the eggs and pine nuts. Season to taste. Serve straight away with a sprinkling of Parmesan if liked.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Egg and broccoli pasta
This recipe is fantastic value at less than £1 per portion. Not only that but it is also deliciously...
Economical, tasty and easy to prepare. There’s no need to peel the butternut squash - the skin becomes soft...
Kind of kedgeree
A quick and economical version of the British favourite.
Macaroni egg and broccoli cheese
Macaroni egg & broccoli cheese