Spanish baked eggs
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 10mins
Missing your holiday? This egg recipe is the perfect reminder as it's full of the flavours of Spain - it's quick and easy to prepare too. We have lots more quick and easy egg recipes.
- 75g/ 3oz chorizo, skinned and sliced
- 3 shallots, chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 (400g) can chopped tomatoes
- 10 capers
- 3-4 anchovies (dependant on taste)
- 15ml/1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 45ml/3 tbsp chopped fresh flat parsley
- 2 large British Lion eggs
1. Preheat oven for baking at around 200C/Fan 180C/400F/Gas Mark 6.
2. Cook the chorizo sausage in a medium frying pan until the fat runs before adding the shallots, chilli and garlic, and sauté for 3mins.
3. Add the tomatoes, capers, anchovies, vinegar and parsley, bringing them up to the boil.
4. Remove from the heat and spoon into a medium ovenproof dish. Make two wells in the mixture and crack an egg into each.
5. Cover with foil and place on a baking tray. Bake for 8-10mins or until the eggs are just set or cooked to your liking. Serve with plenty of bread to mop up the juices.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe: