Spanish Eggs Benedict
- 2 British Lion eggs
- 1 red or orange pepper, deseeded
- 150ml semi-skimmed milk
- 10g butter
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp sun dried or plain tomato paste
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 slices crusty bread
- 6 slices chorizo sausage
- A handful of chopped parsley to garnish
- Cut the pepper into quarters and place skin side up on a grill rack, cook under a high heat for about 8 minutes until the skin has blistered. Peel this away and set aside.
- Place the milk, butter, flour and paprika in a small pan and place over a medium heat. Bring to the boil, whisking all the time until a smooth sauce forms. Cook for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and add the sun dried tomato paste and season to taste. Keep warm.
- Toast the bread on both sides and place on a warm plate.
- Pour 5cm water into a deep frying pan, add a pinch of salt and bring to the boil. Carefully crack the eggs into the simmering water, then allow to cook for 2-3 minutes or until cooked to your liking.
- Top the toast with the peppers, then the slices of chorizo and the egg. Pour the sauce over the eggs and serve scattered with parsley.