Spiced pumpkin, peppers and eggs
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 30mins
- 6 medium British Lion eggs
- 500g prepared butternut squash or pumpkin
- 1 red onion, peeled
- 2 red peppers, de-seeded
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp harissa paste
- 1 (400g) can chopped tomatoes
- Handful of parsley leaves
1. Preheat the oven to 210°C Fan/ Gas Mark 8. Cut the squash or pumpkin into 2cm cubes along with the pepper. Place in a large ovenproof dish.
2. Roughly chop the onions and add to the dish. Drizzle over the oil and season well with salt and pepper, stirring everything with a wooden spoon.
3. Bake for 25 minutes or until tender and charred at the edges.
4. Add the harissa and tomatoes and mix well. Make hollows in the mixture and crack a British Lion egg into each.
5. Return to the oven and bake for 10 -15 minutes or until the British Lion eggs are set and cooked to your liking. Remove from the oven, scatter over parsley and serve with bread.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Watercress and salmon omelette
Got two minutes to spare? Grab some sweet, peppery watercress and succulent pieces of juicy red salmon - combine...
Feta & pea omelette
Feta chees & minted pea omelette - a tasty omelette with some delicious ingredients.
Salmon and watercress frittata
A frittata is an excellent way to combine a variety of different ingredients into one delicious meal. We use...