Spiced pumpkin, peppers and eggs
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 30mins
- 6 medium British Lion eggs
- 500g prepared butternut squash or pumpkin
- 1 red onion, peeled
- 2 red peppers, de-seeded
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp harissa paste
- 1 (400g) can chopped tomatoes
- Handful of parsley leaves
1. Preheat the oven to 210°C Fan/ Gas Mark 8. Cut the squash or pumpkin into 2cm cubes along with the pepper. Place in a large ovenproof dish.
2. Roughly chop the onions and add to the dish. Drizzle over the oil and season well with salt and pepper, stirring everything with a wooden spoon.
3. Bake for 25 minutes or until tender and charred at the edges.
4. Add the harissa and tomatoes and mix well. Make hollows in the mixture and crack a British Lion egg into each.
5. Return to the oven and bake for 10 -15 minutes or until the British Lion eggs are set and cooked to your liking. Remove from the oven, scatter over parsley and serve with bread.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Spanish omelette with chorizo
Quick, filling and tasty recipe for Spanish omelette with potato, onion and chorizo, that can be eaten warm or...
Coronation Egg & Bacon Sandwich
An egg-citing twist on Coronation chicken sandwich!
Quick courgette frittata
For a low calorie and nutritious vegetarian supper, courgette frittata is quick and easy to prepare. For more vegetarian...